Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Teahouse - Stanley Park

With such nice weather in Vancouver lately, the only sensible thing for me to do was to go find a patio to eat at with my girlfriend.

I am all over a deal when I hear about one and I had heard about a $10 pizza and beer at the TeaHouse restaurant.

One of their sister restaurants, The Sandbar has a happy hour deal which involves $10 Mussels and Beer. Having tried this already (and loved it) I figured I really have no choice but to go to the Teahouse today.

For those of you that have never heard of the Teahouse, it is located within Stanley Park and boasts a great patio and some beautiful views.

My girlfriend and I decided to walk from Burrard Skytrain station, over to English Bay, and then along the Seawall to get there. It turned out to be quite a nice walk, and I was famished by the time I got there which got me excited for some eats.

One look at this picture and hopefully you can appreciate how great this patio was. The text is a little hard to read, but it advertises the Pizza & Pint special, they had a couple choices, A Margarita, Italian sausage, and smoked salmon flatbread pizzas.There wasn't any choices for the beer, they served Stanley Park Amber Ale, not one of my favorites but in the heat it tasted great.
Complimentary Bread

The complimentary bread was really good. It came out warm and fresh and it was a nice start to our meal. The service wasn't super fast but I thought that was kind of nice for a change. I hate feeling rushed while eating and it was so nice to just relax and enjoy the food/company
Stanley Park Amber Ale
I don't know what it is about this picture but I love it. I've been reading up on photography and I believe the technique used in this photo is called 'bokeh' meaning a nice clear object in the foreground and a blurry background. I just thing the colour in this pic rocks. The first time I had this beer was at Society and I thought it was decent. As stated previously it tasted quite good in the summer heat. Being somewhat dehydrated after walking a good hour in the sun, the alcohol hit me pretty good, yes I can drink more than one beer but this wasn't all we were drinking today.

It was my girlfriends idea to order a pitcher of Porchcrawler. Quite simply it was beer, vodka and lemonade mixed. We make a drink at home called a Panache, where we just mix light beer with sparkling lemonade, I think we both agreed that ours was more better (sorry Teahouse).

I pretty much had to drink my beer in one hand and the porhcrawler in the other. I also had to finish a good portion of the pitcher, well had isn`t really the right word, I volunteered sounds about right.


Smoked Salmon Flat bread

For the pizza, since we were sharing we chose the smoked salmon flatbread. I am guessing the different types of lettuce placed on top were fresh from their garden because I could see it growing around, along with basil and other herbs. I really like this flat bread. It was simply and tasty, and perfect to share. I love the taste of red onions and capers, I find it so refreshing and I thought that this was a really good choice. I don`t know if I could handle the other pizzas on the menu since they were hot and with the temperature outside I don`t know if I could do it.



The second item we got to share was off the Charcuterie Plate & Three Bites off the Tasting Board. There was the options for a cheese, charcuterie, or seafood plate, along with the choice of three bites from a variety of items. All of this cost $16.50 which I was happy to pay because it was awesome. We chose the Mixed Olives, Hummus, and Brie to accompany our plate.
The platter also came with little bread crisps to dip into a grainy Dijon mustard and the hummus. This is the kind of thing I love eating, sampling smaller portions of multiple things..sounds kind of like tapas..
There was three different preparations of pork that came with this. There was a prosciutto (so good) a salami (so good) and a spicy ham (good). It may have been the alcohol but I really really enjoyed eating this. By the way, the olives, which can barely be seen in the lower portion of the picture, were very tasty.




One last picture to finish this post off. A close up of the hummus which was excellent I might add. I have made homemade hummus numerous times and I can admit mine pales in comparison to this.

That`s all I have for the Teahouse. I thought it was an awesome dining experience and we didn`t have to break the bank woo! I encourage anybody who has never been to go and just try these two items we ordered because I thought they were great.

http://www.vancouverdine.com/teahouse
The Teahouse on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. i like the rural country look of the place, and not to mention how good the food looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great way to spend the afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. came across your blog from teh teahouse retweet.. love finding vancouver bloggers that blog about restaurants I like!

    I went to the teahouse recently too and also had a tasting plate - it can be found here
    http://stephaniesorensen.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Teahouse

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...